Sunday 9 December 2007

Brisbane

Last weekend I headed up to Brisbane to visit Jess and enjoy some Queensland sunshine. I had such a great time! Lots of fun hanging out with someone who I don't get to see nearly enough.

Friday night we headed out to Jess' local (pub) in the very happening Chermside. It was a random night which included all of the following:

- drinking
- talking
- dancing
- teasing Jess
- trying to work out what the guy standing near us was doing there, was he really stood up by his internet date?
- making funny of the 'text me baby, text me' guy
- playing with a really cute puppy
- drunken facebooking
- collapsing in bed at about 4am
I think it's fair to say a fun night was had by all (even Rose).


Saturday was fairly slow, Jess showed be around Brisbane a bit which was a bit of fun. My favourite part was the two hour ferry/boat ride we took all the way along the Brisbane river and back again. Plus we almost forgot to get off which would have made it a 4 hour boat ride. For dinner we had south Indian food just like we used to in Paris (well almost). It was so tasty, mmmmm I can't wait to find good south Indian in Sydney!


RANCHO was Saturday night, it's a big dance party/club night/former house party organised by one of the guys a work with. About five other people I work with came up for the party. They're crazy though, catching a 6pm flight into Brisbane and they a 6am flight out 12 hours later. That's commitment to partying, I was very impressed.

Sunday was pretty much a right-off, I think me and Jess spent almost all day in bed. Though I did manage to get up in time for Jess' Mum's Sunday lunch roast which was great. I love roast! I can't believe Jessie slept through it. Sunday evening we went to Brisbane Openair Cinema to see Jess and Anna's new favourite movie All My Friends Are Leaving Brisbane. It's a really cute little movie which has some really fantastic 'hit the nail on the head' type moments including blaming the fact
that everyone in their twenties wants to live in the inner city on Sesame Street. And to top of the evening my of the cast, the director and the producer were there are we got to meet them all!!!

Meeting up with Jess wouldn't be meeting up with Jess if we didn't do something big so Monday we went to the Big Pineapple, something I can't imagine anywhere else but Australia.

All in all a great weekend!! Who knew somewhere we tease so often could be so much fun?!

Me and Jess cruising through the suburbs of Brisvegas in the Mazd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home