Wednesday 30 May 2007

O Canada!

Everyone keeps asking me whether it's strange to be back in Ottawa, the scene of my university exchange, after being away for two years. I have to say that it only feels strange in that it doesn't feel strange at all. It feels more like 'Gigi the quasi-Canadian' has just been asleep for a while and now she's waking up. I'm very happy to say that Ottawa still feels like home!!

It's a fairly relaxed visit as the only thing on my itinerary is to catch up with friends. This basically means many a beer on many a patio. It's funny how so much has changed yet at the same time nothing has changed at all. It's a fantastic feeling to see a friend that you haven't seen in two years and still get along like you were never apart! I'm yet to have an awkward silence in Canada!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:45 pm, Blogger Jamie E. said...

Gigi, you are an honourary Canadian!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home