Saturday 10 March 2007

La Vie En Rose


In the midst of what can only be described as Edith Piaf mania in Paris with the the release of the film La Môme Marina and I went to see a small musical theatre production about her life. You couldn't have invented a more french sounding evening, a french theatre show about a very famous (probably the most famous) french singer, at a playhouse on the Champs Élysées. Practically too french.

Frustratingly for about the first 20 minutes of the play (and the story of the first 20 years of her life) I didn't really understand much, but then something in my head clicked and I understood most of the rest of it (I still don't quite get how this learning a language thing works but this seems to happen fairly often).

It was a really cute little musical, even if it paled in comparison to the film which I saw a few days later. Though it has to be said there is something priceless about a entire theatre audience of Frenchies singing along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home