Wednesday 6 December 2006

Do you ever wonder why? I do, ALL the time...

This has got to be one of my most over used phrases now that I live it Paris. It just perfectly sums up so many moments here. I wish I could take credit for it but Jess was saying it way before I was.
Here is a list of some of the 'do you ever wonder why' moments we've witnessed so far (though I have to admit I didn't see all of these first hand, I can assure you that they actually happened):

  • trail of raw chicken wings (like bread crumbs in Hansel & Gretel) in the metro station
  • flyer for someone's lost pet, but not a bird or a dog or a cat, an asian elephant
  • man walking a goat on the metro
  • there is always a queue out the door and down the street for the butcher on my street (how can the meat be that good?)
  • a man walking down the street with an i.v. drip coming out of his arm
  • the Malaysia non-french speaking magician at our favourite indian restaurant performing magic tricks for us
  • the guy that runs our favourite indian place speaking 9 languages including farsi
  • a guy wearing only his underwear standing outside the AirFrance building near Le Grand Palais
  • watching parents encourage their children to pee in public

Oh my god, there have been so many more than just these! I wish I could remember, but I think you get the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home