Wednesday 18 October 2006

ROMA!!!


Rome was so much fun!!! We had a great time. It's such a beautiful city and the people are so so friendly. For me, highlights of our fabulous trip include:
  • The weather! Being in Europe when it's not the middle of winter in still such a novelty for me. On Sunday it was 27 degrees!
  • Staying in one big hotel suite with all five of us, so much better than a hostel (though sharing one bathroom not so much)
  • Having a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room when we arrived
  • Piazza Venezia - the first big landmark type thing we saw
  • Hanging out on the Spanish Steps
  • Friday night dinner and bar hopping/clubbing (even if we went home eariler than I wanted)
  • The Colosseum!!! I LOVE it, I think it is my favourite thing in Rome
  • Gelato. Need I say more
  • Mass in the Pantheon
  • Brunch on Sunday at this really lovely cafe, I only wish I'd eaten more
  • The fact that Marina speaks fluent Italian, it made such a difference
And so so many other things....I think I could go on forever. It was one fantastic weekend. I still can't believe I live somewhere where it's possible to go to Rome (the Rome) for the weekend.

Petra, I hoped you liked your present as much as I did....
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home